Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

Better late then NEVER!

I know Halloween was forever ago, but I thought I would post these anyway! I appreciate the faithful friends & family who read this & remind me...you haven't updated since Oct 27!!! Thank you for keeping me on task & you know who you are!!!!


Halloween is one of those holidays I struggle with for two reason: 1. the meaning behind it & 2. my kids cannot eat ANY of the candy!! This is a HORRIBLE holiday when you have food allergies. Did I stress how HORRIBLE it is? It makes me a nervous wreck!!! I have found two great children's books about the meaning of Halloween for us Christians, & it has really given me great insight. The two books are: The Pumpkin Patch Parable & Halloween, Are you for real? These are EXCELLENT, so if you have kids...check them out!!


We also celebrated two birthdays in our family!! The boys really dig the birthday thing b/c they like to sing Happy Birthday & blow candles. They are really into who is having a birthday next!! So, Happy Birthday Beebee who celebrated her 75th birthday on Halloween & Happy Birthday Pop who celebrated his 53rd on Nov 4th!!
The Great Pumpkin came & brought NO CANDY!!!

No comments: